Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Selamat Hari Libur

Well, I promised my sister that I would update today because it's a holiday and I didn't have school (Happy Indonesian Independence Day, by the way...). I have thus far survived two days of school- as a teacher!! It stills seems strange every once in a while to realize that I actually have my OWN CLASS... and my OWN CLASSROOM... even my own grade! Every time I think about it, a goofy smile appears on my face. Because I love it, and sometimes, I can't believe it's actually happened.

I have 11 students- 3 Indonesians, 3 Americans, and 5 Koreans. 7 boys and 4 girls (yes, we're a little uneven... I keep hoping for another girl or two). 3 are brand-new to the school (not counting me), and 3 are staff kids. Together, we comprise the second grade of Bandung Alliance International School.

The last two days have been spent getting to know each other and the rules and expectations of the class. So far, there haven't been too many bumps, but it always a little tough getting back into school mode (for the teachers and the students!). My kids are really sweet, though, and VERY smart. They're already keeping me on my toes, and it's only day 3!!

My favorite part of the day, though, is definitely the ride to and from school. I LOVE my motorbike!! I don't know why everyone doesn't drive a motorbike or motorcycle... It's so amazing!! I love feeling like I'm flying down the road, and the freedom that ready transportation gives me. It's a big deal in a country that relies on public transportation to get almost anywhere!

1 comment:

  1. i can't believe i'm just getting around to reading this! thank you for updating, i always look forward to hearing from you! miss you <3

    ReplyDelete